This training course was developed especially for staff of National Human Rights Institutions world-wide.
It supported participants in
- Expanding their knowledge of the functioning of UN human rights mechanisms;
- Identifying concrete opportunities for NHRIs' effective engagement;
- Participating in sessions of UN human rights mechanisms;
- Identifying practical ways of effective engagement with the UN mechanisms, such as report writing and following up;
- Engaging with colleagues from the OHCHR and NGOs as well as with states; and
- Exchanging experiences and best practices with peer NHRIs participating in the training