FES in cooperation with its partners the Global Alliance of National Human Rights Institutions (GANHRI) and the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) organized the eighth training course for national human rights institutions on the international human rights mechanisms.
The training aims at strengthening NHRIs’ capacity to effectively engage with the United Nations human rights mechanisms. It is directed at NHRI junior staff from around the globe.
The training supports participants in
- Expanding their knowledge of the functioning of UN human rights mechanisms;
- Identifying concrete opportunities for NHRIs' effective engagement;
- Participating in sessions of UN human rights mechanisms;
- Identifying practical ways of effective engagement with the UN mechanisms, such as report writing and following up;
- Engaging with colleagues from the OHCHR and NGOs as well as with states; and
- Exchanging experiences and best practices with peer NHRIs participating in the training.
Participation on invitation only.