This 25 March, join activists, women human rights defenders, community leaders and experts to the online roundtable on Promoting gender justice in the transition to renewable energy, a side event of the 65th session of the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW65) and co-hosted by GI-ESCR, AIDA and the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Geneva Office.
This event will create a space to discuss and share insights on women’s full and effective participation and decision making in the transition to renewable energy as a means for achieving gender equality.
We will explore women’s participation in green-energy policy making and renewable energy projects, making references to key case studies in order to highlight:
- The risks associated with energy transition models that do not fully integrate women’s full and effective participation and decision making, and
- Key policy proposals and recommendations to ensure women’s participation in the transition to renewable energy.
- Ms Nahla Haidar, CEDAW expert
- Ms Irene Gonzalez Pijuan, Engineers Without Border
- Ms. Beth Roberts, Landesa
- Ms Liliana Avila, Senior Attorney, AIDA
- Ms Paulina Montes de Oca, ProDESC
- Ms Magdalena Sepúlveda Carmona, Executive Director, GI-ESCR, and former Special Rapporteur on Extreme Poverty and Human Rights.
Register or follow the event livestreamed