High-level session of the Human Rights and Climate Change Geneva Dialogues
This high level session jointly organized by the Center for International Environmental Law (CIEL), the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), Earthjustice and Natural Justice, with the support of the Government of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and the FES Geneva Office, is part of of the Human Rights and Climate Change Geneva Dialogues.
The 2021 Human Rights & Climate Change Geneva Dialogues provide an opportunity to identify how international, regional and national human rights bodies can contribute to the challenging climate agenda. This high-level session will facilitate an exchange of concrete actions and commitments that could be achieved in 2021 to promote human rights-based climate responses and to promote cooperation between relevant actors and institutions.
List of Speakers
- Carole Dieschbourg, Minister for the Environment, Climate and Sustainable Development, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg (by video-statement)
- Michelle Bachelet Jeria, United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, - OHCHR (by video-statement)
- Archie Young, Lead Climate Negotiator at Cabinet Office, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- Pooven Moodley, Executive Director, Natural Justice
- David Boyd, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights and the Environment
- Vasilka Sancin, Member, Human Rights Committee
- Samuel Lanwi, Deputy Permanent Representative, Marshall Islands' Permanent Mission in Geneva
- Didier Georges, Counselor, Haiti’s Permanent Mission in Geneva
- Shanchita Haque, Deputy Permanent Representative, the Peoples’ Republic of Bangladesh’s Permanent Mission in Geneva
- Astrid Puentes, Co-Executive Director, Asociación Interamericana para la Defensa del Ambiente (AIDA)
- Lucy Mulenkei, Executive Director, Indigenous Information Network
- Marc Bichler, Climate Change and Human Rights Ambassador, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
Simultaneous interpretation in French and Spanish will be provided.