The FES in cooperation with its partners the Global Alliance of National Human Rights Institutions (GANHRI) and the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) organized the seventh training course for national human rights institutions on the international human rights mechanisms.
The training aimed at strengthening NHRIs’ capacity to effectively engage with the United Nations human rights mechanisms. It was directed at NHRI junior staff from around the globe.
The training supported participants in
- Expanding their knowledge of the functioning of UN human rights mechanisms;
- Identifying concrete opportunities for NHRIs' effective engagement;
- Participating in sessions of UN human rights mechanisms;
- Identifying practical ways of effective engagement with the UN mechanisms, such as report writing and following up;
- Engaging with colleagues from the OHCHR and NGOs as well as with states; and
- Exchanging experiences and best practices with peer NHRIs participating in the training.