The 2020 Annual Conference of the Geneva Human Rights Platform will focus on the connectivity between regional and global human rights mechanisms. It will also discuss relevant links with national systems and the overall effectiveness of these interactions in a number of specific policy areas like climate change, the fight against corruption or the COVID-19 pandemic.
The FES together with its partners is organising the virtual working group that will explore how regional and global human rights mechanisms address the link between environment and human rights. The panel will compare the development of legal standards and the provision of concrete protection and remedies provided by the relevant frameworks at the international and regional level.
- Helene Tigroudja, Professor of Law, Aix-Marseille University and Member of the Human Rights Committee
- Ginevra Le Moli, Assistant Professor, University of Leiden
- David Ugolor, Executive Director, Africa Network for Environment and Economic Justice
- Yves Lador, Representative of Earthjustice to the United Nations in Geneva (tbc)
- Moderator: Lucy Maxwell, Legal Associate, Climate Litigation Network