This week-long human rights training course in Geneva was developed especially for staff of National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) world-wide.
The training aimed to support participants in
- Expanding their knowledge of the functioning of UN human rights mechanisms;
- Identifying concrete opportunities for NHRIs' effective engagement;
- Identifying practical ways of effective engagement with the UN mechanisms, such as report writing and following up;
- Engaging with colleagues from the OHCHR and NGOs as well as with states; and
- Exchanging experiences and best practices with peer NHRIs participating in the training.